- S. Res. 355: A resolution recognizing the critical importance of access to reliable, clean drinking water for Native Americans and affirming the responsibility of the Federal Government to ensure such water access.
- S. 2385: The Tribal Access to Clean Water Act of 2023 recognizes that the funding for Tribal drinking water systems in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and the Inflation Reduction Act, while groundbreaking and unprecedented, does not provide a complete solution. Technical assistance, funding for planning and design and for connection of community facilities to running water supplies, and support for operation and maintenance are all still lacking. This legislation will address these gaps and fulfill the Federal Government’s trust obligation to provide clean and accessible water for Native communities.
- H.R. 4746: A companion bill in the House of Representatives, identical to the Senate bill above.
- Fact Sheet on Tribal Access to Clean Water Act
- Senate bill text
- Sample Support Letter for Tribal Access to Clean Water Act
- Senate Indian Affairs Committee hearing on S. 2385, Feb. 8, 2024
Partners & Supporters
Colorado River Basin Tribes
CRB Tribes Support Letter: Support for S. Res. 141, H. Res. 320, S. 2369, the Tribal Access to Clean Water Act of 2021, and additional infrastructure funding for Tribal infrastructure